Language courses for refugees and displaced people
Conexión C.P. is a charitable organisation that was created to respond to the current international migratory crisis that forces millions of people to leave their homes every year due to armed conflict, violence or persecution in their countries of origin.
Conexión Creando Puentes, an NGO that helps refugees and displaced people
In this context, Conexión C.P. develops educational programmes to promote inclusion, achieve self-reliance, strengthen independence, and improve the quality of life of refugees, displaced people and forced migrants. We provide academic support, among others, through language classes.
Learn about our free language courses
At Conexión CP, we offer 100% free language classes for refugees, displaced people, asylum seekers and migrants in vulnerable situations. At the moment, we are teaching English, Spanish, Catalan and German, but we are planning to teach other languages too, such as French and Arabic. [Small dues may apply when immigrants have an income].
What you can expect from our courses:
- They are usually 3-month online courses (onsite courses only in Barcelona, Spain).
- They range between 1 to 2 hours per week, depending on the availability of teachers for each level and are always free of charge.
- Classes are tailored according to the students’ level and availability.
- The maximum number of online students per class is usually 3 (never more than 4). Onsite can reach 5-6.
- Classes generally last 1 hour.
- Teachers set homework so that students can continue to study and revise on their own.
What to keep in mind for online classes:
- You need to have a good internet connection.
- Classes are virtually always online and are delivered through the most common platforms, such as: Zoom, Classroom, Teams, Google Meet, etc.
- It is always preferable to use a computer rather than a mobile phone, although it is not compulsory.
- Have headphones.
- Class attendance is crucial, as our volunteering teachers have a very limited time to deliver classes, therefore they need to set a fixed timetable with the students.
- At the end of the course, upon your request, you will receive a certificate of attendance.
- You will also have the opportunity to continue studying with us, depending on the availability of teachers.
If you are a refugee, asylum seeker or migrant in a vulnerable situation and you are interested in attending one of our courses, please fill in one of these forms, depending on the language you want to learn:
Student Application Form – English
If you are interested in taking our English courses, fill in the following Student Application Form – English.
Student Application Form – Spanish
If you prefer/need to study Spanish, fill in the following Student Application Form – Spanish.
Student Application Form – German
Or if you need to study German fill in the following Student Application Form – German.
Student Application Form – Catalan
If you need to study Catalan, fill in the following Student Application Form – Catalan.